In this chapter, we will create a New MVC 5 Project and Install Entity Framework 6. If you are familiar with creating a new project and installing entity framework then you can skip this chapter and move next.
PART 1: Create New MVC 5 Project and Install EF 6
PART 2: Create Entity Data Model and Class in EDMX Designer
PART 3: Generating Database From Entity Class Designed in EDMX
PART 4: Add Scaffolded Item and Run Your Project
Create New Project1. Open Visual Studio 2015 or the version you are using. Go to File New Project.
2. Select Web in the left pane and then select ASP.NET Web Application (.NET Framework) in the middle pane.
3. Give Project Name EFModelFirst and click OK.
4. In the next window, select MVC template and change authentication to No Authentication and click OK.
Install Entity Framework 61. Right click on Project Name in Solution Explorer and Select Manage NuGet Packages.
2. Browse for Entity Framework and click Install button to Install It.
3. Click OK when review changes dialog box will appear.
4. Accept License agreement and Entity Framework gets installed into your project.
Installing Entity Framework 6 Into Your Project
Next Part of this tutorial is Create Entity Data Model and Entity class in Designer.