In this chapter you will learn:
- What is array in C#?
- What is one dimensional array?
- What is multi dimensional array?
- What is param array?
- How to pass array as parameter?
- Array function
An array is a collection of the variable of same data type. If you have to declare 1000 integer variables, then you can declare an integer type array with 1000 elements. The value of array can be accessed using index position of array. The first index position of array is zero.
In C#, there two types of array: Single Dimensional Array and Multi-Dimensional Array. You can use both types of array easily and can access its element using loop constructs or index position.
C# ArrayList of Contents
- Chapter 1: Declaring Array
- Chapter 2: Storing Values
- Chapter 3: Accessing Values
- Chapter 4: One Dimensional Array
- Chapter 5: Multi Dimensional Array
- Chapter 6: Param Array
- Chapter 7: Pass Array as Parameter
- Chapter 8: Array Function
- Chapter 9: Examples
- Chapter 10: Exercises
After completing this session you will be able to describe different parts of array as one dimensional array, multi dimensional array, param array, array function etc. So, let’s start with declaring array in C#.